cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V-79-57344-33858 - A memory allocation request failed. The computer may be running low on virtual memory.

ClintMiller
Level 3
I have two servers, both being backed up fine, approximately two weeks ago (been battling this) I began to get this error: V-79-57344-33858 - A memory allocation request failed. The computer may be running low on virtual memory.

I am running Symantec Backup Exec 12.5 with  SP3, Hotfixes: 338037,340791,340027, and 34072.
 I have used every available 'solution' from Symantec, and am getting no where.

I could use further suggestions.

I have un installed and re-installed the remote agent, as well as apply fixes mentioned above.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

ClintMiller
Level 3
After searching and searching, I looked more closely at the secondary VSS errors: the result the server(s) needed this hotfix: ttp://support.microsoft.com/kb/940349

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

. Also Set the Page File  on a drive other than System Drive , which has sufficient Free Disk Space
This can be done in the following way :
a. Right Click "My computer" and go to Properties.

b. Go to Advanced tab and click on "SETTINGS" under "PERFORMANCE"

c. Go to advanced and click on CHANGE under Virtual memory.

d. Select the Drive and select "System managed Size" and Click on SET.

e. Click OK

Reboot the server.

RahulG
Level 6
Employee
If getting issue on the exchange backup refer the following document http://support.veritas.com/docs/289797

ClintMiller
Level 3
Changed the page file system and drive, rebooted, ran backup, still a failure. This is NOT an exchange server.

ClintMiller
Level 3
Anyone give me any more  ideas?

ClintMiller
Level 3
After searching and searching, I looked more closely at the secondary VSS errors: the result the server(s) needed this hotfix: ttp://support.microsoft.com/kb/940349