cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V-79-57344-38721 - Failed to mount one or more virtual disk images

amitos
Level 2

Hello everyone,

Can anybody have a clue about the below. Recently I started to get notifications for a backup job that so far was running and completing smoothly.

The notification I am receiving is 

The job completed successfully. However, the following conditions were encountered: Failed to mount one or more virtual disk images. Restores that use Granular Recovery Technology may not be available from this backup set.

Exception: V-79-57344-38721 - Failed to mount one or more virtual disk images

This is happening on an incremental job.

I have checked all settings and nothing has changed

If anybody has got a clue, thanks.

3 REPLIES 3

kf2013
   VIP   

U encounter the exception recently?

If yes, I had same experience. I had to re-create the job.

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Try running a repair of the BEDB. It's non-intrusive and might fix your issue. Failing that, recreate the job and selection list.

porterville
Level 2

Have you had any luck with this error?

I was experiencing this issue with a Windows 2012 R2 server earlier in the year. Veritas support tried a bunch of things for a few months, but they could not fix it. I eventually had to change the backup method to an Agent Backup.

Now I am experiencing it with another server that was Windows 2012. I have upgraded it to Windows 2016, and it is still causing the same issue.

The backup job is a Forever Incremental, and it seems to be related to the GRT. It has three sub-jobs. They are an Active Full, Consolidate Full, and a Forever Incremental. We are also using the veritas software deduplication storage. It is only successful for the Active Full backup, but not the Consolidate Full and Forever Incremental.

This same job is also backing up another server roughly the same size (~1TB), but it is running Windows 2012 R2. It completes successfully in all stages including the GRT.