cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V-79-57344-65072 - The connection to target system has been lost. Backup set canceled.

riverismine
Level 3

for the past two days i started to get failed backup with error message V-79-57344-65072 - The connection to target system has been lost. Backup set canceled., now whats strange is that this happens when the media server is trying to bakup its local disks D and E drives. the backup of other windows servers thats on a seperate job and scheduled to start after local disks on media server complete succesffuly.  when i check the event log i get the following which is exactly arount the time when the local back of the media server is about to start.  when i check the services the backup exec remote agent for windows is not running but in automatic startup type.  i can start it manually but the backup of local disk on media servers fails.  this server has been in production for 4 months with the same backup jobs now and we had no such issues prior.

now i know there are some updates for the BE2010, if i install them would they fix this issue?  does the update requie restart of the media server and agents once they are all updates?

server env> everything was fresh installed. 

windows 2008R2

backup exec 2010

Media server: Version 13.0 Rev 2896(64bit)

I get event ID 257: with description "A memory dump has been captured C:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec\BEDBG\beremote.exe_18912_0.dmp"

then:

Event ID 1000

Faulting application name: beremote.exe, version: 13.0.2896.0, time stamp: 0x4b184ba1

Faulting module name: MSVCP80.dll, version: 8.0.50727.4927, time stamp: 0x4a27431a

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x000000000002bb72

Faulting process id: 0x49e0

Faulting application start time: 0x01cb75dad68fa3a7

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec\beremote.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Windows\WinSxS\amd64_microsoft.vc80.crt_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_8.0.50727.4927_none_88dce9872fb18caf\MSVCP80.dll

Report Id: 9d601fb7-e22a-11df-80d7-a4badb2215df

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

You get that error when beremote.exe stops, and if it stops on any server (media/remote), your backups fail.

Best bet would be to make sure that all your services (besides the RAWS service) start up with a service account that has the appropriate permissions.

I'd also run a DB repair in BEutility.exe, and update with patches.

If that doesn't work, reply back here...not sure if any of the updates fixes your issue, but that is what Symantec support would recommend too.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

CraigV

You get that error when beremote.exe stops, and if it stops on any server (media/remote), your backups fail.

Best bet would be to make sure that all your services (besides the RAWS service) start up with a service account that has the appropriate permissions.

I'd also run a DB repair in BEutility.exe, and update with patches.

If that doesn't work, reply back here...not sure if any of the updates fixes your issue, but that is what Symantec support would recommend too.

Thanks!

CraigV

...any news here?

THanks!