cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V-79-57344-867 error on SharePoint Incremental Backup

lampar
Level 4

I started receive the following error on my sharepoint Incremental backup.

V-79-57344-867 - The last Full backup of database SharePoint_AdminContent_5606b67a-d33d-4f97-b1f4-3391d3525a41 was not made by this application.  Run a new Full backup, then run this job again.

I never recived that before
What I can do to fix it.

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Are you using the SQL agent as well to backup the SQL databases (Sharepoint's backend databases) or are these virtualized systems ?

lampar
Level 4

my Sharepoint and SQL server on two diferent VM.

I run backup of both by VMware agent and run farm backup using the SahrePoint agent

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Does the VM backup run in-between the full & incr sharepoint backups ? If yes, try to re-schedule so that it does not clash with the other backups...

lampar
Level 4

my full is every Friday and incremental evry other day of SharePoint Farm and on teh SQL server as well.

I have other dtabases on same SQL server and with VMware I cannot selet just some. It deas backup of whole server.

I do not see way how I can schedule it?

pkh
   VIP    Certified

If you are running VM backups between full and incremental backups of your SQL databases, then I am afraid you cannot run incremental backups of your SQL databases.  You will get the error message that you have encountered.  You got to always do full backups of your SQL databases.

lampar
Level 4

I have 2 farms. My 2010 farm I do SQL incremental backup on VM between.

I will stop incremental with new full backup on Sharepoint.

But on my 2007 farm I do not. But the error is the same

samueljn
Level 5
Employee Accredited

Any Incremental/Differential or Log backup of SQL database fails with this error When any backup application is used in conjunction with Backup Exec ( for example BESR 7.0 or SQL internal backup utility )

It is because the Log Sequence Number (LSN) for SQL is reset by the other backup application and the Inc/Diff or the Log backup loses the link with the previous full backup.

So you need to plan your backups accordingly so that no other backup operations interfere between the Ful and the following INC/DIFF or Log backup. Otherwise, you have to choose only to run a full backup for that resource.

Refer the following articles which will give you more info on the same:

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH58674

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH137587

Hope this helps.

Regards,

John