cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V-Ray doesn't come with trial Edition

ssokneang
Level 3

Dear Forum Group,

I am going to purchase Symantec backup exec and i need to run evaluation to backup VM, but after installation, i doesn't come with V-Ray feature to backup V-M in Evaluation. Please kindly give me an idea about this trial product, we need VRay for back solution.

Thanks. 

Sam

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

Every Edition of Backup Exec uses the same product installation files, all V-Ray is, is a licensing package that enables certain abilities.

So to trial V-ray you just install the base product in trial mode and when you get to select what options to trial make sure

Agent for Windows

Agent for Application and Databases

and Virtual Agents are all enabled

... as well as the core product options.

Note this might actually allow you to backup some systems that V-Ray could not without an addtional license  (a physical remote system for instance )  but other than that it has the same functionality over V-Mware and Hyper-V

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

Every Edition of Backup Exec uses the same product installation files, all V-Ray is, is a licensing package that enables certain abilities.

So to trial V-ray you just install the base product in trial mode and when you get to select what options to trial make sure

Agent for Windows

Agent for Application and Databases

and Virtual Agents are all enabled

... as well as the core product options.

Note this might actually allow you to backup some systems that V-Ray could not without an addtional license  (a physical remote system for instance )  but other than that it has the same functionality over V-Mware and Hyper-V

pkh
   VIP    Certified
The V-Ray Edition is just a licencing bundle. If you need to try out backing your VM's, you can just enable the BE hypervisor agent for the hypervisor software that you are using. Click on the BE button then click on Installation and Licencing and Install Options and Licencing. Follow the dialog to enable the hypervisor agent option. You will have 60-days to try it out

ssokneang
Level 3

Thank PhK,

Now, i am able to enable agents base your solutions. 

ssokneang
Level 3

Thank you, Colin. it help me to work out with this options now. :)