cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VSC Components

skojoze
Level 3
I recently performed 3 inplace upgrades from win2000 to win2003. After the upgrades, I began seeing errors on our nightly backups stating "to fully optimize Win 2003 Server, VSC components must be selected" Immediately, I made sure those components were selected.

The backups are running through and data is being backed up. But I still keep getting these errors. Any input or a way to resolve this would be most appreciated.
5 REPLIES 5

Darpan_Thaker
Level 5
The error is generated because the System State selection that was valid to protect Windows 2000 systems was changed to Shadow Copy Components for Windows 2003 systems.

To prevent backup jobs from failing, modify the selection list replacing the System State selection that was valid for Windows 2000 systems with the Shadow Copy Components selection.

To resolve the issue, perform the steps mentioned in following technote::

http://support.veritas.com/docs/258950

skojoze
Level 3
Thanks for the reply. One more question though. In my job setup, The System State & the Service state show as Subcomponents ot Shadow Copy Components. Are you saying to deselect both System State & Service State? The KB article is misleading.

Thanks,

Scott

skojoze
Level 3
Please anyone out there that can help with this.!!! I need the below question answered. The jobs are still failing with the same error even though I deselected system state below VSC object in Job Setup.

Thanks for the reply. One more question though. In my job setup, The System State & the Service state show as Subcomponents ot Shadow Copy Components. Are you saying to deselect both System State & Service State? The KB article is misleading.
The error is generated because the System State selection that was valid to protect Windows 2000 systems was changed to Shadow Copy Components for Windows 2003 systems.

To prevent backup jobs from failing, modify the selection list replacing the System State selection that was valid for Windows 2000 systems with the Shadow Copy Components selection.

To resolve the issue, perform the steps mentioned in following technote::

http://support.veritas.com/docs/258950

Thanks,

Scott

Sharvari_Deshmu
Level 6
Hello,

Instead of selecting the system state that you used to select for Win 2000 now for Win 2003 you have to select Shadow copy components.
Please select this and run a job to verify whether it is working

NOTE : If we do not receive your intimation within two business days, this post would be "assumed answered" and archived.

Thanks,

skojoze
Level 3
Thanks Much. But that wasn't the fix .

The fix incase you were interested is to go into Job Setup and switch to text view. From there you will navigate down to each server that was upgraded from win2k to 2003 and remove any line items referring to Win 2000 System State.

Warm Regards