cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VSS with Exchange2003 Questions

Kevin_Shanus
Not applicable
1. Do I have to have a license for Advanced Open File Option to use to use VSS? ( I notice when I click the radio button for Use Advanced Open File Option the Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy Service radio button becomes active , I assume this means I dont need a license, but I would like confirmation )

2. Im running revision 5629 of Backup Exec 10.1 , Does it support brick level ( individual mailbox ) backups using VSS?

Currently we use the Exchange Agent that logs into each mailbox individually and it takes a long time, If we could use VSS to speed this process up, that would be great and what I want to find out.

thanks!
1 REPLY 1

priya_khire
Level 6
Hello,

1. Yes, if you have installed the Exchange license, then you dont need the AOFO.

2. Brick level backups are not supported.The Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy Service does not support brick level backups of Microsoft Exchange Public Folders and Mailboxes.

Refer to the following technote for more info on this:

How to back up Microsoft SQL and Exchange with Backup Exec 10.x using Microsoft Shadow Copy Services
http://support.veritas.com/docs/268040

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked �assumed answered� and would be moved to �answered questions� pool.

Regards.