cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VXA-1 IDE Bacup

aaron_Patton
Not applicable
Can anyone verify that the exabyte VXA-1 IDE drive is not supported under Bacup exec 9.1. I don't see it in the HCL list, and I can't get mine to work, but the sales guy swears Veritas support told him they had no issues with the drive and it was supported.
3 REPLIES 3

tejashree_Bhate
Level 6
Hello,

The device is not llisted in the HCL so Veritas does not guarantee that it would work. So get the drive supported by Veritas.
Refer to the HCL

(title) Where to find a list of supported devices for VERITAS Backup Exec (tm) and the latest drivers for supported tape drives and robotic libraries

http://support.veritas.com/docs/251466

NOTE : If we do not receive your intimation within two business days, this post would be "assumed answered" and archived.

renodolfan
Not applicable
i am having the same issue, it wont see the tapes half the time, i have updated the tape drivers and the program to sp2. when i do an erase i get and error Invalid Physical Volume Library Argument. i am at a loss. any help would be greatly appreciated.
ed

Matt_Priest
Level 3
I just inherited the same tape unit and am trying to get it to work using Backup Exec since it's my preferred app for backup purposes. I believe the tape unit was purchased over a year ago, so I can't just return it. Is it possible to get this tape drive to work w/ Backup Exec? I've already talked to Exabyte regarding this and they informed me on more than one occasion that it should work.

Thanks.