cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VXA-2 autoloader drivers

Sandra_Barker
Not applicable
I have a VXA-2 unit with autoloader since September 04. I have had approximately 3 months of successful backups and many problems with the autoloader specifically. Through support calls with Exabyte, Veritas, IBM and Microsoft I have concluded either hardware/software incompatibility although all components and software list compatible as far as I can see. I have an IBM X335 server, Adaptec 29160 SCSI card, Windows SBS 2003, Veritas 9.1.4961 service pack 4, current Exabyte drive & SCSI firmware. I want to install a different driver for the autoloader. The device shows as an unknown medium changer in windows and with a Microsoft driver of 2002. I have used Veritas guide for installing and uninstalling the device drivers at least 50 times over the last year. I think it is the driver that is either not installing correctly or is not installing at all. Does Veritas have a specific driver for this autoloader that I can install manually for the device to test this theory? I have replaced every piece of hardware so far including the server motherboard and riser that the SCSI card is plugged into and SCSI cable and terminator. I was able to get the unit fully operation al on a standalone XP system Adaptec 2940 SCSI with same Veritas software and updates no problem. My errors are SCSI when installed but that only if the autoloader will install with Veritas wizard, currently it shows that is sees it, and it says it installs the drivers but does not show up in the devices tab after a reboot. I can load the tapes into the drive manually and the backups will run like that.
2 REPLIES 2

Jake_Norman
Level 3
Have you tried the Adaptec drivers for the SCSI card? I also have a VXA2 in our server, although it is not an autoloader, and Exabyte gets HOWLING mad if you use Microsoft drivers for the SCSI card. Also, if the 29160 is a RAID card (29160-R) using HOSTRAID drivers then they will also not support the drive. If it's a regular 29160 card, then you should be fine.

Sorry I couldn't be more help.

Jake
F&R

Renuka_-
Level 6
Employee
Hello,
The latest drivers for version9.1 can be found at the following link:http://support.veritas.com/docs/273853 also check
http://support.veritas.com/docs/255501
NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answeredand would be moved toanswered questions pool.