cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Validating a backup which spans multiple tapes

IS_support
Level 2

I have installed BE 12 on a server we have in our office and it all seems to work well, all the Backup-to-disk backup jobs work perfectly and the smaller tape backups usually work fine too. The problem starts when i try and backup our main data backups directly to the tape autoloader (HP ssl1016 sdlt).

After watching the backup job I found out that the backup jobs will only complete I turn off verification for backup jobs which span more than one tape.

I have tried everything I can to try to fix this and have searched thorugh these forums with no joy.

Any ideas?

John

1 REPLY 1

IS_support
Level 2

Just to be clear, we are using a windows server 2003 machine connected via scsi to the HP Storeageworks ssl1016 sdlt. There are not error messages that i know of as the backup hangs on validating at 0% and goes nowhere. Other jobs queued up after will time-out giving time-out error messages but i haven't seen an error message for the actaul job that sticks at 0%...

I have re-installed the drivers for the ssl1016 with both the latest Tapetools driver and the driver from symantec, updated to the most recent firmware. All tapes have been used once now so they should be cataloged correctly too.

any ideas would be appreciated.

Kind regards

John