cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault Store Database has no content when seen from the Enterprise Vault Agent

bjorn_b
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

I have an Enterprise Vault installation that has been moved to another server during upgrade to version 10.

I have found out that the error is that when I select everything in the list, the job fails. The reason is that the BE server does not see the Vault Store Database (see pictrue)

Under this selcection, nothing shows up in BE, but the Vault works fine, and the database is there.

Any ideas?

The BE is 2010 with some hotfixes, but not SP1 or SP2. In my SCL from 2011 I see that EV 10 is (apparently) not supported, but in the present list, it is. Am I missing some hotfixes to complete this job, or could it be something else? As far as I can see in the SCL, it doesn't say anything about hotfixes or service packs required to support EV 10.

/bjorn

7 REPLIES 7

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

EV 10 is supported with BE 2010 R3...does the BESA have appropriate roles such as " EVT manage Index Location Backup Mode' and 'EVT Manage Vault Store Backup Mode " ?

pkh
   VIP    Certified

You should check that you are using R3 and then run LiveUpdate a couple of times to upgrade to SP2 and the latest hotfix.

You might want to try disabling the R3 security using the procedure below.  Note that when you disable security, you are vulnerable to man-in-the-middle attacks.

Disable R3 security

bjorn_b
Level 6

If you by "BESA" mean the service account; i.e. logon account, i use the VSA (Vault Service Account) to back up.

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Did you also move the SQL databases to another server ?

bjorn_b
Level 6

Disabling security made the rest of the backup go bananas

bjorn_b
Level 6

No, the SQL has always been on the same server.

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Update to BE2010 R3 first and run LiveUpdate to install all available patches.

Then remove the remote agent of the SQL & EV server and push the remote agant again.