cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Verify never completes on BE 10.1d

David_Adler
Level 2
I have a Windows 2003 Domain and I am running Backup Exec 10.1d SP2. We are doing backup to disk for our backups. All have been working fine until last Thursday when we started rolling out the MS DST patches.

Now, according to the job history, the backup job runs and completes the backup operation on all of the resources but then it goes verify, it shows that the verify operation started on each resource but nothing else happens. The job activity shows it is on the last server listed in the Resource Order for the Selection List but theire is no byte count. (Does verify go in the reverse order of the backup?)

I have let it go for 20 hours and there is no change.

I am backing up a local server and 4 remote servers. I have MS SQL, Exchange and Domino options installed.

The local and remote servers have SQL 2000 and one remote server has Domino. The local server also has Exchange 2003.

I am also backing up the system states of these servers.

The backup ran fine for a long time and just started this problem after the patch roll-outs which also required server reboots.

Anyone else seeing this issue?

Thanks in advance,

Dave
3 REPLIES 3

Brian_Coate
Level 3
I am having the same issue. I also cannot cancel the job. I cant stop BE services either.

I have to kill the process to get it to stop

Brian_Coate
Level 3
Today it just stops at snapshot processing...and you cant cancel it either

RutRow
Not applicable
Our verify never completes also.  We have a cybernetics tape device with 8 slots.  The backup runs to completion and the verify stalls.  Somewhere in the night the tape drive losses the label info for the first tape in the library.  So when the verify starts it is unable to find the first tape.   I'm running an inventory before all backups.  I can also inventory the tapes correctly after the failed verify.

This started just after DST.

Do we have any resolution on this problem?
BE 10.1D SP1

Message Edited by RutRow on 04-17-200711:32 AM

Message Edited by RutRow on 04-17-200711:34 AM