cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Veritas 10d remote agent and ACT 10

Michael_J_Pfist
Level 2

Hi Guys,

Customer has 10, on DC and a Terminal Server running ACT 9.

Remote agent installed on TS - all backing up successfully.

Issues in ACT resulted in them having to upgrade to version 10 of ACT. 

As of that time i was unable to backup using veritas and the remote agent.  Followed verious articles allowing dymanic port section, adding lines to services file.  nothing worked. i removed the entry in the services file fromm both DC and TS.

what i have done so far:

upgraded to 10d SP3.  removed the remote agent and re-installed 10d remote agent.

allowed for dynamic ports in TOOLS - OPTIONS - NETWORK AND FIREWALLS. 

when setting up the backup job i browse to the TS server and all i can access is shares i am unable to browse to the c and d drives.  solution:  make these drives and then browse and select what is needed.

problem:  i need to backup the act database files (i have licenses for advanced file open agent and the remote agent).

well i backup all files except those in use (no file open agent used) i do get the following errors:

Backup- SERVER
The Media Server was unable to connect to Remote Machine SERVER.
The Media Server will fall back on the local agent to try and complete the operation.
AOFO: Initialization failure on: "\\SERVER\D-Drive$". Advanced Open File Option used: No.
Remote Agent not detected on SERVER.
Unable to initialize Remote Agent

Backup- \\SERVER\D-Drive$
The Media Server was unable to connect to Remote Machine SERVER.
The Media Server will fall back on the local agent to try and complete the operation.
AOFO: Initialization failure on: "\\SERVER\C-Drive$". Advanced Open File Option used: No.
Remote Agent not detected on SERVER.
Unable to initialize Remote Agent

ONCE AGAIN:  the agent is installed and started on the SERVER and licensed on DC (running veritas).

event log shows the following:

Event Type: Warning

Event Source: Backup Exec

Event Category: None

Event ID: 57755

Date: 15/09/2008

Time: 8:55:37 p.m.

User: N/A

Computer: SBSSERVER

Description:

Backup Exec Alert: Job Completed with Exceptions

(Server: "SBSSERVER") (Job: "Daily Terminal Server Backup") The job completed successfully. However, the following conditions were encountered:

19 files were skipped.

Could not completely protect remote computers because

the Backup Exec Remote Agent was not

installed.

A snapshot operation required by this job was unsuccessful. Check the job log and the Windows Event Viewer for additional information.

NOTE: The backup job was configured to use the Advanced Open File Option. However, files were skipped during backup processing. Please ensure that the Media Server SBSSERVER is properly licensed with the Advanced Open File Option, or that the job is properly targeted for media servers that are licensed with the Advanced Open File Option.

All started with ACT and they are about as helpful as a hole in the head.

is there something i can do to check why SBSSERVER (DC) is not taking to agent on SERVER (TS).

thanks

0 REPLIES 0