cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BEWS does not install.

Ozz
Level 3

Hello community, I have been trying to install Backup Exec for Windows Servers for 2 days now and apparently it goes through without errors but I see no console for BE.

I'm installing on a Windows 2003 Standard R2. 

Also running Endpoint Protection. Is there any other info I can post to facilitate the troubleshooting?

Ozz.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ozz
Level 3

It's installed and running.

As this is installed and physically connected to a chassis of an Intel Blade server, I needed to allow the SAS port to the Server in question and after doing so everything installed without glitch.

Thanks,

Ozz. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Ozz
Level 3

Some updates, I did'nt have SEPM installed on the server and just finished doing that now, will attempt another install.

Off topic here, is there a way to edit a post?

Ozz.

Vijay_S_Mishra
Level 6
Employee Certified

Yes, the installation log file is generated at C:\Dcouments and Settings\All Users\application Data\Symantec\Backup Exec\Logs\bkupexec.htm.

Start from the bottom and look going up look for errors (in red).

That should be a good place to start.

Ozz
Level 3

Thnaks for the reply, I have looked for the log files and I have verified that there is an issue when communicating with MSSQL. I did a few searches on the subject and came up with a few unanswered threads.

Any clues?

The error message is:

'09-09-2008,15:53:22 : There is no MSSQL$BKUPEXEC Service 

09-09-2008,15:53:22 : Unable to connect to a SQL Server WIN2K332\BKUPEXEC on machine WIN2K332.'

Thanks,

Ozz 

Ozz
Level 3

I did manage to install, initially I was attempting to install via rdc now I have done it via console and that did it.

I have a new issue now, the services do not run for long, then I need to BEWS services again.

Last but not least I can't seem to locate the drive while tyring to install the drivers, it's a Table Top, Quantum drive connected via SAS cable.

Thanks for any assistance,

Ozz. 

Ozz
Level 3

It's installed and running.

As this is installed and physically connected to a chassis of an Intel Blade server, I needed to allow the SAS port to the Server in question and after doing so everything installed without glitch.

Thanks,

Ozz.