cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Veritas BExec 10.0 for Win server Restore issues

Adrian_Fonseka
Level 3
Hi!

Windows server 2003 (with 3 partitions), backup exec V10.0 (Upgrade from 9.1), Backup exec for win server, Remote agent for windows server been installed, has a DLT 40/80 tape driver. Remote agent is active, as I have checked it in services

Q: I am trying to restore a backup, which we took 2 weeks ago from an exchange server, which holds 3 partitions. I am restoring and running the restore process in the same machine so there are no network or any other machines involved in this process. The machine has been configured according to the restore partitions on the tape and the original server. When I try to create a restore and run the restore it gives me a error saying “The restore job failed, because an error occurred while connecting to the backup exec for windows servers remote agent” and asking me to make sure Remote agent is installed and running. I have installed remote agent and it is running. Why do i still get this error msg when i try to restore? What should i do to avoid this error? Please could you help me in this matter? Just as precaution I have removed the network cables from the machine when I restore so that it would not restore the original Exchange server. As the restore is done on the same machine there are no network activity involved here. I have tried all the alternative available but still no success, I need to restore this ASAP and you help will be much appreciated.

Adrian.

Message was edited by:
Adrian FonsekaMessage was edited by:
Adrian Fonseka
2 REPLIES 2

ray_littlefie1
Level 6
By default BE will restore data to the original source machine (your exchange server). If you want to restore the data to the local machine, you need to redirect the restore. This is found in the Restore job Properties under File Redirection (for basic files) and Microsoft Exchange Redirection for database redirection.

tejashree_Bhate
Level 6
Hello,

Are you doing a local restore or is it a redirect restore?
Please paste the exact error message as in the job log

Note:- if we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be assumed answered and archived.