cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DLO and .logs folder maintenance

Don_Wilkinson
Level 2
Ref: Backup Exec 9.1 rev 4691 with DLO option on Windows Server 2003 SP1.

I've been running the Desktop and Laptop Option with success for some time. Recently, while identifying folders that use significant filespace on the server, I found the DLO Network Storage Location folders. Under each user's folder there is a .dlo folder and within that a folder for each machinename and in there there is a .logs folder. This folder has many files of various, but mostly small, sizes.

My issue/question is; how is this folder's contents managed? Is there a setting or application policy that prunes this folder automatically? Can I delete files (by script) safely?
3 REPLIES 3

Renuka_-
Level 6
Employee
Hello,
The DLO database maintenance is done during the routine maintenance of the Backup Exec database. During this all expired data id deleted, to modify the settings please go to tools>options>database maintenance.
NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answeredand would be moved toanswered questions pool.

Don_Wilkinson
Level 2
Thank you for your reply.

In looking at the .logs folder for a user's data store (the path = E:\backups\DLO-Backups\HOMELAIR-bear\.dlo\oso\.logs") I see 867 entries, taking up 22.3GB, with dates back to 9/19/2005.

In checking the settings in Database Maintenance, I see my recent activirty was this morning at 4:00am, on schedule. I keep 90 days of job history, 30 days of job logs and alert history and 14 days of reports.

Shall I assume that the /log files in the .logs folder fall under the Job History data type and will be purged on or about Jan 17?

What is particularly alarming is the that folder being backed up is only about 250MB. Yet, these log files are using up TEN TIMES the space of the data being protected (~250mb).

I guess I will have to reduce my job history retention period. Correct?

Ajit_Kulkarni
Level 6
Hello,

You can try to reduce the job log retaining period.

Regards

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.