cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Veritas Backup Exec 9.1 Inalid Serial Number

Dmitriy
Level 2
Hi,

I've recently installed a copy of veritas backup exec 9.1 standard edition on a machine running Windows 2003 Server. Everything seemed to install fine, but I've ntoiced that the top title bar says "Evaluation Edition Day " where XX keeps incrementing. I've tried going through the install program to enter the serial number again, but it tells me that I entered an invalid serial number, eventhough it seemed to have been valid when I originally installed it.

A support document on this website told me that it might be a conflict with an SQL server, however there was no SQL server installed, the only SQL server on this machine is the one that Backup Exec installed itself.

I've only got a couple days left! Please help!
5 REPLIES 5

Mani_2
Level 6
Hello,

Kindly let us know if you have installed BackupExec on Small Business Standard Server or Standard Server.

Related Document
==============

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/264951.htm

You can contact the Sales Department and verify the Serial Number.

Sales.mail@veritas.com

Toll free number:
(800) 327-2232

<>

Hope this helps.

Dmitriy
Level 2
The machine is running Windows 2003 Standard Server. The one that does NOT come with SQL or Exchange servers.

I've looked at the document you mention and like I said, there was no SQL server installed. This server is only used as a domain controller and file server, so there is no need for SQL to be there (although Backup Exec seems to have installed it's own copy).

SANDEEP_PILLAY
Level 6
Hi,

This may happen if the license you have is for Backup Exec SBS edition and trying to install on an operating system which is not a SBS operating system. Backup Exec SBS edition can only be installed on a SBS operating system.

Please confirm whether the license is for Backup Exec SBS edition or for Backup Exec for Windows Server.

We hope this will help.

Abhinav_Bindroo
Level 6
In reference to our previous reply to your post, we would request you to update us on the progress. However, if we do not receive your intimation within two business days, this post would be assumed answered and archived.

Sheetal_Risbood
Level 6
Archiving the post as per our previous reply