We are currently backing up some of our servers with Veritas Backup Exec 9.1, which we own with licenses for a number of agents including Exchange and SQL Server 2000. I have a spare license for Backup Exec 10d from another server which is not used anymore, so I was going to install this onto our main backup server. I have a few questions about this however:-
1. Are agents purchased for 9.1 compatible with 10d? ie. can I put the serial numbers in for these agents into 10d?
2. Does Backup Exec 10d support installation on Windows Server 2008 / 2008 R2? How about Windows 2000?
3. Will it back up Windows Server 2008 / 2008 R2?
4. Is there an upgrade path for agents purchased for 9.1 to make them available for install on 10d?
5. Do any of the new Backup Exec versions support backing up of Virtual Server 2005 and its instances, while they are running?