cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Veritas Exchange Server Agent

Erik_True
Level 2
I am running Veritas NT Server Agent and Exchange Agent Ver 9.0 4454.
It is running on an Server2003 with Exchange2003.
I recently upgraded from Exchange 5.5 where the exchange agent was running great. Now I cannot get it to backup the individual mailboxes.

Is this version of Veritas compatible with Exchange 2003?

Everytime I try to backup some mailboxes, it says the NT account cannot access the information store. I can use this NT account with Exmerge so I know that it is not a Microsoft problem.

Any suggestions?
3 REPLIES 3

Amruta_Purandar
Level 6
Hello,

Yes, this version is compatible. However we suggest you upgrade to Backup Exec 9.1
Have you installed the new Exchange 2003 license? Exchange 5.5 license cannot be used to backup Exchange 2003.

Also please specify the exact error message.
- Is Exchange on the same server as Backup Exec
- Can you see the Information Store in the selection list?
- Is it grayed out?
- Does it back it up and then display error in the job log?

Additional Information :
For information on the recent VERITAS Backup Exec security vulnerabilities, including links to the downloads for the necessary hotfixes, please refer to the following document:
Patch summary for Security Advisories VX05-001, VX05-002, VX05-003, VX05-005, VX05-006, VX05-007

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/277429.htm

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

David_Webb_2
Level 3
Erik,

Make sure that the mailbox associated with the Backup Exec service account is not hidden from the global address list. Since this stopped working after the upgrade, I would tend to think it is a mismatched CDO.DLL or MAPI32 .dll. If you search for Veritas technotes on these two .dll's, I think you will find your answer.

Sharvari_Deshmu
Level 6
Hello,

We request you to update us on this issue.

Thanks,

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.