cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Veritas V10.0 and the IDR that never seems to work

stephen_dyson
Level 3
Hi

I have attempted to restore form my bootable cd and IDR tape everything seems to be going great until it states that it has finished and you reboot the server. After this it never comes back and only attempts to boot then errors with "windows could not start because of an error in the software....please report this as ....load needed dll's for kernels...please contact your support". Now i have attempted this on 2 different platforms and tried 9 different times. i have V10 build 5484.6 which has been sp1 and any other relevant hot fix, win2003 sbs standard. Any help would be more than appreciated.
4 REPLIES 4

Christian_Kiehn
Level 3
Sounds like w2k3 + sp1 to me. Unfortunately, Windows 2003 SP1 is currently not supported with BEWS 10 and IDR. You have to wait for a patch from these guys ... :(
(Damn, how can they allow MS to release a service pack without having it tested with Backup Exec!)

Sharvari_Deshmu
Level 6
Hello,

We apologize for the inconvenience caused because of the delayed response.

Please let us know if your issue / problem is resolved so that we can mark this case as ‘assumed answered’ and move it to ‘answered threads’ pool.

However, if the issues still persist then refer to the technote given below:

http://support.veritas.com/docs/276524

Thanks,

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Philip_Hill_2
Level 3
What's this about a compatibility issue between Version 10 with IDR and Windows 2003 server SP1??

Is there a patch yet?

stephen_dyson
Level 3
it worked without SP1