cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

View data in the tape

Shubha_Kope
Level 2
Hi,

I have Backup Exec 10.0 which backs up data on the tape.I want to make sure if all the data is there or not. Can anyone tell me how to see the data in the tape using Backup exec. The files are .bkf files.

Thank you for you suggestions in advance
3 REPLIES 3

tejashree_Bhate
Level 6
Hello,

Please refer to the adminguide pages 497 omwards which explains this in detail.

http://ftp.support.veritas.com/pub/support/products/Backup_Exec_for_WindowsNT/269777.pdf

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Shubha_Kope
Level 2
Hi,

How do I try to see the list of files in my tape which I have backed up using Backup Exec 10.0? I tried to do one of the files....but was not sure where it stored the backup file.

Everyday I alternate tapes and Friday tried it and I got a message in the report saying..1 file was skipped. So not sure was it because I tried to backup a file from the tape.

Can you tell how to see the .bkf files?

It would be of great help. Thank you.

Shyam_Sundar
Level 6
Hi,

The .bkf files are created in the Backup to Disk folder (physical location on hard drive).

You have to catalog tapes to see which files have been backed up. After cataloging tape, you can see under the restore selections the data which has been backed up on tape.

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Thanks.