cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virtual File Filter (VFF) driver - error. Version 12, How to fix?

john11
Level 2
Partner
We installed Backup Exec V12 on a WIndows 2003 server (media server) including the Exchange Agent. This is an evaluation for a client. Then we did a push install of the Windows Agent to another WIndows 2003 server running Exchange 2003.  When we try to do a backup of the Information Store and check the box next to it, the job creates ok. However, when we run the job, we immediately get a failure with the message :
Job ended: Tuesday, June 10, 2008 at 9:31:31 PM
Completed status: Failed
Final error: 0xe0001201 - For this operation, the Backup Exec Virtual File Filter (VFF) driver must be installed on the media server.  The VFF driver is installed when you install the Backup Exec Exchange Agent or the Active Directory Recovery Option.
Final error category: Resource Errors

For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-4609
We don't know where to find this Virtual File Filter driver to install. What to do?
4 REPLIES 4

Steve_W_
Level 6
Employee Accredited
Please follow the steps in the technote below to resolve this issue. 

Jesse_Balingit
Level 2
I am having this same issue with 12.5 eval. I am still in eval mode, have not licensed yet. Exchange agent is installed. Any suggestion?

Jesse_Balingit
Level 2
btw, I am only seeing this error when attemping to backup to a disk device. Backup to tape device work fine with same settings.

Not applicable
I'm having this same problem.  Did you ever find a solution?

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/error-backing-disk#comment-3844311