cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WINFAX PRO 10.0

LCONANTIII
Level 2

AFTER USING THE APPLICATION FOR OVER 10 YEARS I WAS REALLY DISGUSTED THAT I PAID $60 FOR WINFAX PRO 10.0 UPGRADE THEN FOUND OUT THERE WAS A PROBLEM WITH WINDOWS XP AND ON TOP OF THAT THEY DROPPED TECHNICAL SUPPORT!!!

IS ANYBODY STILL USING WINFAX PRO 10.0?  IF SO, PLEASE LET ME KNOW, I REALLY THINK IT IS THE BEST PROGRAM I EVER USED FOR FAXING...LOUIS

4 REPLIES 4

salski
Not applicable

Louis,

I'm right there with ya, buddy.  Not only am I using it at home for all these years, but I bought it at work for every PC that I was responsible for, and now NO SUPPORT.  I wasted quite alot of time trying to look up information on what may be a stupid glitch with my phonebook.  The only related info I found so far was your comment.  I think you mentioned a problem with XP, so maybe there is more out there that I may be able to find to diagnose my current problem.  I understand that Symantec cannot support older products indefinitely, but as you mentioned, we had just paid for the upgrade to 10 not that long ago.  And, is there really anything out there that covers faxing?  Did Symantec incorporate faxing into another product?

Good luck with your problem(s),

SallySmiley Mad

LCONANTIII
Level 2

[13:33] advanced_tool_log > user Mr. LOUIS CONANT  III has entered room

[13:33] advanced_tool_log > analyst Ravi has entered room

[13:33] Ravi > Welcome to Symantec Support, my name is Ravi.

[13:33] advanced_tool_log > User has enabled the Remote Control option

[13:33] advanced_tool_log > The user has the controls and is connected to the Nexus server

[13:34] advanced_tool_log > Automated Reconnect mode enabled.

[13:34] Ravi > Can I please have a minute to go through the information you have provided?

[13:34] Mr. LOUIS CONANT  III > WinFax Basic Edition 10.02, WinFax PRO 10.02, and later versions of WinFax PRO 10 are supported under Windows XP and with Office XP....IS THIS TRUE?

[13:37] Ravi > I see that you want to know whether later versions of WinFax PRO 10 are supported under Windows XP and with Office XP.

[13:38] Mr. LOUIS CONANT  III > THAT IS WHAT IT SAYS ON YOUR WEB SITE

[13:39] Mr. LOUIS CONANT  III >
 http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/faxprod.nsf/0/abb267463f34596f85256a32007245d0?OpenDocument&seg...] Ravi > WinFax Basic Edition 10.02, WinFax PRO 10.02, and later versions of WinFax PRO 10 are supported under Windows XP and with Office XP.

[13:41] Ravi > WinFax PRO 10.00 and WinFax Basic Edition 10.00 are not suppor!
 ted under Windows XP.

[13:42] Mr. LOUIS CONANT  III > AND YOU ARE SURE?

[13:42] Ravi > Yes, it is true.

[13:42] Ravi > Yes. I'm sure.[13:43] Mr. LOUIS CONANT  III > GRRRRREAT!!!

[13:43] Ravi > Is there anything else I can help you with?

[13:44] Mr. LOUIS CONANT  III > SEND ME A COPY OF THIS...OK?

Email sent at: 1:44:22 PM, 9/18/2008

LCONANTIII
Level 2

DAD GUM IT THEY LOST 3/4 OF MY POST THAT IS SYMANTEC CHAT...

http://www.symantec.com/techsupp/home_homeoffice/products/nis/nis_2006/chat_form.html.

ALSO FOLLOW ARTICLES TO REMOVE WINFAX AND DOWNLOAD THE WINFAX PRO 10.03 UPDATE AND FIRST INSTALL THE NEW WINDOWS XP SP3...LOUIS 

mnelkens
Level 2
We had to give our CEO a new PC - loaded Winfax 10.04 as he loves the rpogram and threatened us if we did not put it on.

When ever we use Winfax - the PC has this constant intermittent hourglass cursor in WIndows XP - kill the controller and associated processes and it stops.

Any ideas?

I saw someone suggested reinstall the printer but I think its something else.

Thanks!