cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WORM Media

Karsten_Christi
Level 3
Is WORM Media supported in Backup Exec Version 10.0??
6 REPLIES 6

Sharvari_Deshmu
Level 6
Hello,

WORM media is not supported in Backup Exec.

Thanks,

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Karsten_Christi
Level 3
Thank you, will WORM media be supported in backup exec panther? Or is support available in NETBACKUP 6.0 Server?

Sharvari_Deshmu
Level 6
Hello,

You can log an enhancement request :

Product Enhancement Web Site:

http://enhancement.veritas.com/

For netbackup please log a new forum case

Thanks,

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Karsten_Christi
Level 3
How about you answer my question so I don't have to log a complaint with customer service. I don't want to log an enhancment request I want to know if your products support WORM media and I am not going to post in every forum to get the answer. Your attitude and rudeness in this forum is not shedding a good light on Veritas's Customer Service. Please answer my questions.

tejashree_Bhate
Level 6
Hello,

Worm media is not supported in panther and also NETBACKUP.

Thanks.

Sharvari_Deshmu
Level 6
Hello,

Please excuse us for the previous reply.
We have done some research and found the following:

Please note that WORM media has not been specifically tested for use with Backup Exec for Windows Servers 10.0 5484 and prior versions.

SCSI WORM tape drive support for Backup Exec Windows servers version 10.0 revision 5520

Backup Exec Windows servers version 10.0 revision 5520 now supports the following SCSI WORM tape drives:

All Hewlett Packard LTO3 WORM tape drives and libraries that meet the LTO WORM Tape Specification, including the

---HP Ultrium 3 - SCSI

---Sony AIT tape drives:
Sony SDX-500C; firmware 0200 and higher
Sony SDX-700C; firmware 0200 and higher
Sony SDX-500V; firmware 0100 and higher
Sony SDX-550V; firmware 0100 and higher
Sony SDX-700V; firmware 0100 and higher

---IBM ULT3580 - TD3
WORM media must be managed manually because Backup Exec does not support automated management of WORM media. When using a robotic library that contains both WORM tape drives and standard tape drives, the library's magazine must be paritioned to separate WORM media from standard media. Backup Exec bar code rules can also be used to prevent WORM media from being mounted into tape drives that do not support the WORM feature.

Thanks,