cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WSS 3.0 support in SharePoint Agent?

Adam_Ward
Level 3
Hi,

Does anyone know if Symantec plans to include Windows Sharepoint Services 3.0 support in the SharePoint agent? I've just moved to WSS 3.0 and found that the existing Backup Exec SharePoint agent does not support the new release of Windows Sharepoint Services.

thanks,

Adam.
1 REPLY 1

Joe_Hutchison
Level 4
Adam,

Symantec claims that they will support WSS 3.0 at some time.  They originally stated that support would be available by 1st quarter 2007 - which is why I went with BE 11d.  However, there is not only no support for WSS 3.0 as of yet, Symantec has no desire to keeep their customers informed as to when they might expect this functionality.

Not quite what I expect from a company with Symantec's reputation and resources.  Obviously, this support is not important to Symantec - nor are their customers that have been promised this support.  One would think that the company that develops the supposed premier backup package would have some idea of how to work with Microsoft, and release their supporting products within a few weeks of a major Microsoft release.

Good luck - but don't hold your breath.  Find another option - there is no telling how long you will have to wait.

-Joe