cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weekly backup schedule keeps skipping a week

gshawns
Level 4
Hi.  I keep having a problem where my weekly full backups will run and 85% of the jobs will reschedule themselves to run the following week but a handful of jobs will reschedule to run two weeks later.  For example, our weekend jobs just ran between 8/10 - 8/13 to do full B2D backups (and duplicate to tape) 52 servers.  In the job monitor, the fulls are scheduled to run again between 8/17 - 8/20, but there are a few jobs that aren't scheduled to run again until 8/24 or 8/25.  I have been right-clicking on the jobs and clicking "edit next run" to get them to run at the right time but would rather it was automatic like all the other jobs.  All the settings appear to be correct.  In fact, these jobs are part of a policy and all the other jobs in the policy are rescheduling correctly.
Thanks!
26 REPLIES 26

Daniel_Krage
Level 3
We had a similar problem.  Whenever an edit was done to the job it would reschedule the job to run at the next scheduled time, effectively skipping a job.

This was fixed by updating to BE 11d build 7170.  I think one of the hotfixes was part of the solution, but I don't have the documentation in front of me to remember which one.  I applied hotfixes: 3, 4, 7, 8, 9, and 12. 

gshawns
Level 4
Just to clarify, I'm not editing any jobs.  This is just happening when the weekend full jobs run.  For some reason, most jobs reschedule to run the following weekend but some reschedule two weeks out...

Ben_L_
Level 6
Employee
Hey Guys,

Hot fix 13 addresses most of the scheduling issues. 

http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/290135.htm

Let me know if you are still having issues after this has been applied.

Regards,

Todd_White_2
Level 3
What does that mean?  MOST of the scheduling issues?

What scheduling issues does this NOT address?

Are there still outstanding issues with scheduling?

Ben_L_
Level 6
Employee
Todd,

This hotfix addressed the rest of the scheduling issues we are aware of at this time.

http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/289278.htm Symantec Backup Exec (tm) 11.0 (11d) for Windows Servers revision 7170 - Hotfix 8 - Scheduling Issues

Regards,

gshawns
Level 4
Hi Ben,  Thanks for the reply!  I checked my list of updates from the "About BackupExec" menu and it shows both of those Hotfixes installed.  I will see what happens when this weekend's full backups run and post whether it worked or not.

gshawns
Level 4
Hooray!  My full backups ran this weekend and all jobs rescheduled for next week.  Looks like one of the LiveUpdate patches fixed it.  Thanks!