cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weird results with PowerVault 122T

Barry_K
Not applicable
Hi - I am using Backup Exec Server 10 Rev 5520 (SP 3) on a Windows 2000 server (a Dell PowerEdge 2550) to backup a limited number of local servers to a Dell PowerVault 122T DLT VS autoloader.

After 3+ years of reliable service this setup is suddenly very unreliable.  Scheduled jobs are failing with a hardware fault (seems to be problematic rewinding and unloading at the end of tape) and inventorying the tapes causes some tapes to be mistakenly identified as cleaning media or unknown media.

I have tried using the Symantec or the Dell drivers for the autochanger and tape drive but the results are the same.  I have upgraded the firmware and driver for the SCSI card managing the tape drive with no improvement.  New tapes?  No improvement.  I have even swapped the autochanger with another *idential* model and it does the same thing so I can only think it is the adapter, cable or some setting in BE itself.

Anyone have any ideas what this is about?

By the way - is the upgrade from 10.0 to 10D free?
1 REPLY 1

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
By the way - is the upgrade from 10.0 to 10D free?    

yes it is.  v11d is a payfor upgrade unless you have a maintenance contact (in which case you should have been sent a offer to upgrade)