cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Well thats excellent.

Andrew_Styler
Level 4
So it seems Symantec no longer come on here to offer help.

Doesn't even appear to be moderated, is it ?  Doesn't **bleep**ing look like.

I am so pissed off with this, for a product that was good before with good support symantec have managed to make a right pigs ears of it. I blame all this outsourcing does my ***.

Dont get me started on ghost,, what did they do.

I'm going home far to angry to achieve anything now... thanks symantec ruin my day.

Edited by moderator to remove inappropriate language

Message Edited by Dieds on 08-09-2007 01:26 PM

Message Edited by John_B on 08-09-2007 01:37 PM

7 REPLIES 7

The_STN_Guy
Level 4
Hi Andrew,

Sorry to hear having issues.

Yes. This forum is moderated.

STN is a peer-to-peer discussion forum ... Symantec employees respond when they can -- but this is NOT a paid support option. If you have Backup Exec and have an issue, please contact Enterprise Support. They will help you resolve your issue. 

And please watch your language per our Terms of Use. This is a public site.

Andrew Styler wrote:
So it seems Symantec no longer come on here to offer help.

Doesn't even appear to be moderated, is it ?  Doesn't **bleep**ing look like.

I am so pissed off with this, for a product that was good before with good support symantec have managed to make a right pigs ears of it. I blame all this outsourcing does my ****.

Dont get me started on ghost,, what did they do.

I'm going home far to angry to achieve anything now... thanks symantec ruin my day.

Andrew_Styler
Level 4
Fair enough, but didn't symantec come into here more often that now.

Seems a bit ripe that they removed the email support thing saying this would provide better customer experiance.

but there only seems to be people with problems on here, people with solutions are far between. ask people with working BE installs and no problems dont come here.

Shame the community isn't as strong as it could be.

Ms__Creant
Level 4
I hear ya.......better customer experience my butt! It's so you have to pay for any "real" help...I try to answer when I can and hope that other users make it a regular part of their routine as well.....BE support was WAY better when it was under Veritas and even Symantec's support was better before they changed it all over.....'aint that always the way....more $$$ for them, less satisfaction and usefulness for us.

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
I'm sure that they are gone by now, but it you can, go back to the old forums when it was announced that Symantec was buying out Veritas and read the comments

Most of them were not complimentary to Symantec, and most seem to have been spot on

The_STN_Guy
Level 4
Hi folks. Once again..... these forums are not Customer Support. It is a peer-to-peer support forum.

If you need Symantec Customer Support, please visit this URL:

Ms__Creant
Level 4
That's our whole point....we used to be able to get actual support in a forum now we have to pay additional $$$ for it.....at least that's MY point, shouldn't speak for anyone else here.

The_STN_Guy
Level 4
You can still get support here from Syamntec employees ...  as usual, though from time to time.  But it's never been an enterprise support option.  The whole spirit of these forums is customer-to-customer discussions.

Ms. Creant wrote:
That's our whole point....we used to be able to get actual support in a forum now we have to pay additional $$$ for it.....at least that's MY point, shouldn't speak for anyone else here.

Message Edited by Dieds on 08-13-2007 11:48 AM