cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What Do I Need???

Robert_Elliott
Level 2
I am new to Backup Exec... I need a solution to be able to backup open files on all of my Windows Server (3 servers total). I want the option to backup to disk (fixed and removable) as well as an LTO V4 SCSI tape drive that is connected to my Primary Domain Controller. I also need the option to backup files across the network.

I am currently using the version of Backup Exec 10x that shipped with my Quantum tape drive. It had a 60 day evaluation period where I was able to do everything I mention above. But since the evaluation period ended I am severely restricted in what I can now do with the software. Therefore I am looking to purchase the software I need, but I cannot figure out exactly what I need and I don't want to buy something extra that I will not use.

What software / agents do I need in order to backup open files from 3 servers across the network to disk (fixed and removable) and tape backup devices? If you know the Symantec P/N please include that so I can just place an order.

Thanks,
Robbie
2 REPLIES 2

shweta_rege
Level 6
Hello,

To backup open files from 3 servers across the network to disk and tape devices you need to purchase the Advanced Open File Option which will help to backup the open files.

Thank You,

Shweta

Robert_Elliott
Level 2
So I need the Backup Exec 10d for Windows software as well as the Open File Agent? Is there anything else that I need?

Thanks,
Robbie