cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are the ramifications of changing CASO to a different MMS?

macpiano
Level 6

I'm using dedupe and of course I find out after I have it all set up that I cannot duplicate to tape unless the jobs are setup on the MMS that has the tape driver. Since almost all of my dedupe jobs would need to now be setup on an MMS I think it would be better to now make that the CASO. What are the ramifications, does it hose the catalogs, would the dedupe folders not recognize that the backed up data that is in there and now start to create new virtual storage files.?

thanks

Gary

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

Some answers:

1. CASO can be set up as a centralised location for catalogs, or distributed (between MMS and CASO), or localised (on MMS only). It depends on how fast your connection is between your CASO and your MMS. This would dictate the type of CASO configuration. I have slow WAN links, so I make my setup a localised affair, with the CASO server acting only as a reporting/monitoring station. To delegate jobs though, you need to have a replicated environment.

2. You can make an active media server a CASO. It shouldn't mess around with anything.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

Some answers:

1. CASO can be set up as a centralised location for catalogs, or distributed (between MMS and CASO), or localised (on MMS only). It depends on how fast your connection is between your CASO and your MMS. This would dictate the type of CASO configuration. I have slow WAN links, so I make my setup a localised affair, with the CASO server acting only as a reporting/monitoring station. To delegate jobs though, you need to have a replicated environment.

2. You can make an active media server a CASO. It shouldn't mess around with anything.

Thanks!

GP6882
Not applicable
Certified

Hey Craig,

So, what your saying it that we copy the data and catalogs from existing CASO to the MMS server before makign it a CASO and then stop and start services.

How will the existing dedup configuration be affected if this is followed on the MMS server