cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What does expired mean next to Exchange Archive?

norbertg
Level 5

See screencap attached. What does it mean that Exchange archive expired?

be2014sp1.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

I would recommend to update BE 2014 with SP1 and HF 225092 and then check if this reappears or not. If yes, would recommend you to log a formal support case.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...just that. The retention (archive) on that media set has expired and is probably available to be overwritten as per DLM.

Thanks!

VJware
Level 6

I would recommend to update BE 2014 with SP1 and HF 225092 and then check if this reappears or not. If yes, would recommend you to log a formal support case.

norbertg
Level 5

Does the Hotfix require a server restart?

We have got the following error over the weekend which I take it is related to the expired Archive issue?

V-79-57344-65233 - Snapshot Technology: Initialization failure on: "\\<EXCHANGESERVER>\Microsoft Information Store\Archive". Snapshot technology used: Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS).

Snapshot technology error (0xE000FED1): A failure occurred querying the Writer status. See the job log for details about the error.

Check the Windows Event Viewer for details.

Writer Name: Exchange Server, Writer ID: {76FE1AC4-15F7-4BCD-987E-8E1ACB462FB7}, Last error: The VSS Writer failed, but the operation can be retried (0x800423f3), State: Waiting for backup complete notification 

VJware
Level 6

The hotfix does not require a mandatory server restart, however based on the VSS error, you may probably need a server restart to bring back the VSS writer(s) to a stable state.

norbertg
Level 5

Ok I will schedule one in tonight for the Exchange server. BE is located on a different server however.

The BE server will get a reboot later in the week as part of Windows patching.

norbertg
Level 5

I did a manual check for updates and BE didn't find any. It's currently patched to SP1.

VJware
Level 6

When an update is newly released, it doesn't appear on the LiveUpdate server immediately. This HF can be downloaded from - http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH225092

norbertg
Level 5

The Exchange Archive wasn't showing as archived outside the day I posted. Regardless I have applied the HF. It seems OK.