cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What improvements over 10D are there in 11D?

Icecold
Level 4
What improvements over 10D are there in 11D?
2 REPLIES 2

NeferTT
Level 2
Something that will be helpful for me ... in the newest release of 11D, I am told that the pre and post commands can be passed to UNIX servers. 

Ben_George
Level 3
So far, the only improvements I have noticed are in regards to the IDR ASR System Recovery Wizard.  Both revisions handle the IDR ASR restore about the same.  However, during the IDR ASR Restore with 11d Rev. 6235, you are never prompted before the restore wizard reformats your hard drive.  As you boot to your CD, if you select "Automated" restore, the wizard automatically reformats your partitions without any user intervention.  This burnt me a few times.  With 11d Rev. 7170, you are at least prompted.  A pop-up window says, "You are about to reformat your hard drives, are you sure?" or something like that.

11d Rev 7170 also added some sort of support for my HP 160/320 SDLT Tape Drive.  When I would do a restore with 11d Rev 6235, my tape drive wasn't recognized.  I did everything the correct way with downloading all appropriate drivers and all of that typical level 1 troubleshooting type skills.  I went back and forth with Support for about 2 weeks on this.  They had me try all of these stupid little fixes and at the end, nothing worked.  Then one day, they say, "Oh, go to this site and download this new revision and try it out.".  So I rebuilt the OS, installed the 7170 revision, created my IDR ASR CD's and what do you know....My external tape drive was seen.  And my restore worked just fine.

Currently, I have an open issue with Symantec on a new issue.  I can backup everything on my system separately.  However, if I combine all of my partitions, SQL Instances, SystemState and Shadow Copy Components, my backup fails.  Currently, I'm only backing up my partitions and SQL Instances and not the other two.  Hopefully we resolve this shortly.

Cheers.