Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is error V-79-708-30080

Steven_Oberholt
Level 3
Job completion status:
Job ended: Friday, January 05, 2007 at 2:04:48 PM
Completed status: Failed
Final error: 0x2c47580 - 0x 2c47580 (46429568)
Final error category: Other Errors

For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-708-30080

Clicking on the link for the error, returned a no link for your search.

http://eventlookup.veritas.com/eventlookup/EventLookup.jhtml?EvtID=V-79-708-30080

Thoughts?
12 REPLIES 12

Philip_Pearson
Level 6
When you go through the detail of the logs, where is it falling over? if you need to get more detailed logs go to tools/options and put the detail up a notch.

Is it falling over backing up a file/directory/mailbox/connecting to the tape drive/library etc

Kingsley_Mok
Level 5
Philip,

I get the same problem as Steven gets too. I've set the log to as detail as it can get and nothing shows up. The log shows NOTHING. This is only happening in 11d.

Same about of data backed up. Same number of servers to back up. Same medium to back up onto. The only thing different, is the version of Backup Exec.

This relates to the size of how big the job log gets before being corrupted.

Steven_Oberholt
Level 3
No failures are listed, just warnings.

I just found it odd that it would report an error and an invalid link.

Steven_Oberholt
Level 3
Kingsley, do you get the same error?

Philip_Pearson
Level 6
I gather then the job does not backup any data, is the job a rollover from 10 that was kept on the upgrade?

Steven_Oberholt
Level 3
Yes data was backed up. Normal list of warnings showed. Tried to follow the v-79-708---- link to find out what issues there were to find that Symantec does not have a listing for it.
Yes it was a job brought over from 10.

Philip_Pearson
Level 6
Jobs brought over from 10 will always fail, you need to delete the job and selection list and recreate them.

Steven_Oberholt
Level 3
That has not been my experience.

bbenbow
Level 2
I am getting the same error on a Windows 2003 Server running Backup Exec v 11d.  I tried creating new jobs but that did not resolve the problem.  I have looked at the logs in detail and They report that each directory is backed up complete, and verified, but the job reports failed.  I have installed all the hotfixes, 20 for BEv11d, and the server is patched.  Has anyone found a solution to this problem?

Patty_McGowan
Level 6
Employee
Hi, I have posted this in the "Strange Error" discussion as well:

I have been able to create the same error.
The issue for me is the catalog folder.  I renamed it and ran the backup it failed with a strange error.

I would recommend running the backup and as you do this look in the catalog folder to ensure that the tmp files are being created during the backup job.

Once the job is complete the tmp files should then become fh and xml files.

If this process is not taking place properly, this may be the cause of the strange errors you are seeing.

Patty

bbenbow
Level 2
If the problem is a catalog folder error, any suggestions on how to resolve it?

Patty_McGowan
Level 6
Employee
Depending on if the tmp files are not being created, or if they are being created and are remaining tmp files will determine the fix.

With out knowing this, I would not be able to say how to fix it.