cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is going on at Symantec???????

TerryT
Level 3
No more Direct Assist, no more cases by email, and the hold times on the tech support phone line are often over 2 hours(I waited 150 minutes before giving up last Monday).  To top it off, you may or may not get someone that speaks understandable English.

This is very unsettling, since a large # of issues with backup exec are not addressed in the knowledge base.  I'm really starting to wonder if I can afford to keep myself in this precarious spot with a tape backup platform that I have ABSOLUTELY NO WAY to get ahold of a tech in a reasonable timeframe if there was an emergency.

What is going on???????

Message Edited by TerryT on 05-21-200703:38 PM

24 REPLIES 24

navar_holmes
Level 5
I sure am learning BE 11d.  I need to build my media server (well uninstall BE and start over).  I have been trying all day to restore the Catalog, and database to a test server. 50/50.  I was able to see the catalogs but noway was the new server going to let me install/restore/copy/ the problem BE server database to the test BE server.

So i am printing out the summary for each of my backup jobs.  I am also copying all the Jobs and Policies to my test server and my other work BE server.  Make sure you disable the jobs before you copy.  ANother thing i have learned.  Don't use the favorites for your selection lists.  Bad bad bad.  I am guessing when i pushed the new Rev7170 agent to my servers it didn't  keep my servers listed under the Publishing tab.  Yet another bug.  When you copy jobs to another server, the selection list is there but nothing listed.  if you use Domains as your selection lists the see can see your selections when copied.  I tested this.  if you which to using Domains you will also need to re-create your include/ exclude lists.

OptimusPrime
Level 5

Dennis Thornton wrote:
What?  I didn't attack anyone nor did I infer anything (other than the support on BE has degraded since it was bought from Veritas).

Dennis, I sent message in your private message box --> . It Should Be Gold.

Message Edited by John_B on 05-31-2007 07:41 PM

Stumpr2
Level 6
I am glad that symantec has a forum so that we are able to help each other and not have to rely on symantec support. Many times a solution has already been posted in either the tech notes or in this forum. Just a matter of seek and find.

Hywel_Mallett
Level 6
Certified

@jerry Battaglia wrote:
I think it's very important that we come back and post our resolutions, no matter how simple they are. If you made a dumb mistake (like trying to push the remote agent to the 64 bit Exchange server), chances are someone else has done the same thing.

If you wanted, you could always contribute an article at the site in my sig too. :)

Dennis_Thornton
Level 6
?????
Response unchanged.