cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the Procedure for Downloading an Upgrade?

zubeb
Level 3
I recently got the upgrade notice for BE 13.  I went to file connect and downloaded some ISO files.  However, I don't know the process for getting these on a CD that will actually work.  Is there an article on that?  Also, since I am running W2008R2 on the server (32-bit), I assume I only need one of the four files.  Does any one know which one?
9 REPLIES 9

Dev_T
Level 6
Hello,

Use a software link PowerISO OR MagicISO and burn the CD. Open the CD and run the file browser.exe and follow the installation steps and complete the BE2010 install

OR use WinRAR and extract the files in a folder. Burn the folder on a DVD and run browser.exe

Hope this helps...

zubeb
Level 3
I will try a software link.  Do you know which of the four files I need?

BBT
Level 2
Don't do it - as typical this release was not fully cooked.  Wow Symantec.

zubeb
Level 3
So just go with 12.5?   (this is a new server)

Ken_Putnam
Level 6

A W2K8 R2 media server requires BE 2010

If you were just trying to connect to a remote agent on an R2 machine from a 2K8 machine, v12.5 would suffice

zubeb
Level 3
I actually went ahead and tried it and the install went fine.  Would I have gotten errors during install or will the problems come when I try to use the program?

Ken_Putnam
Level 6

I actually went ahead and tried it and the install went fine.  Would I have gotten errors during install or will the problems come when I try to use the program?

My earlier response was to your question about staying on v12.5  That version  of BE will NOT install on W2K8 R2

By BE 13, I assume you are refering to BE 2010, which is required for a media server on W2K8 R2.  if there were any problems you should have seen something in the install logs, if indeed the installer would run at all

zubeb
Level 3

12.5 did install on my W2k8 R2 with no errors.

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified
Just to clarify BE 2010 has a product version of 13 (just check the Help ... About ... information indside the Backup Exec console.)

and BE 2010 is required run a Media Server on 2008 R2

I suspect from one of his other posts that BBT is referring to an installation/upgrade problem on some customers that we are looking into - if you have installed and the Backup Exec services start correctly then you are not experiencing the issues and should be fine with BE 2010 (13)