Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where do I find an old agent?

Agust
Level 5

Hello,

I was greeted with the following error after updating my agents:

e000101a - Backup operations for Oracle 8i are not supported by this version of Backup Exec.  Remove the resource or resources from the selection list.  Edit the selection list properties, click the View Selection Details tab, and then remove the resource.

For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-4122

Now I just want to install an old agent but where can I find one?

Best regards,
Agust.

6 REPLIES 6

Sush---
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

What is the version of Backup Exec that you are currently using??

Though youa re looking for the older version of Remote agent I am not sure that by using the older version of Remote agent will resolve the issue.

In any case you can find the older version of Remote agent on the Installation CD or Downloaded files of the older version.

Thanks,

-Sush...

Agust
Level 5

Hi,

I am using backup exec 2010 R2 but after updating the remote agents two oracle servers failed because they are so old that they are not supported by the new agents.

Sadly I do not have the old cds because I thought it was more important to declutter the fileserver than store the legacy I never inteded to revisit.

So where can I find these agents?

best regards,
Agust.

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

weird...did you update with patches, or update to BE 2010 R2? If so, BE is able to work well enough 1 version back...so BE 2010, and possibly BE 12.5. You'd get warnings to upgrade the remote agents.

So...you might want to then go and Google your older version's trialware which should take you to the location. You'll have to then download the whole ISO, and unzip. Then copy the RAWS32/RAWS64 folders and do a manual installation...

Agust
Level 5

Thank you CraigV for suggesting to google it. I or google was sadly too inept to find what what I was looking for. The way I have gotten the software so far is by logging on to the licensing portal and downloading from there and only the current version seems to be available.

Now is there anyone that knows where I can download the 12.5 raws with all updates and patches?

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

Below link is for the complete BE12.5 software which has RAWS installables.

https://www4.symantec.com/Vrt/offer?a_id=51792

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...Google found this:

https://www4.symantec.com/Vrt/offer?a_id=69019

That's what you are looking for. Download the ISO, extract the data and then install the RAWS agent manually. If you don't know how too, read the TN below for further information.

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH30491

You would need to download the patches manually, but since you're already running a newer version of BE, won't be able to apply them correctly. there is unfortunately no way to download a slip-streamed installation of the RAWS package...