cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wildcard (%Username%) question

gilbert_leroux
Level 3
When creating a backup selection in DLO is there any way to use the wildcard option to specify a location to backup?

Example:
C:\Documents and Settings\%Username%\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook

When I did a search this was the only thread I could find on the subject.
http://forums.symantec.com/discussions/thread.jspa?messageID=4398202ᱺ
4 REPLIES 4

gilbert_leroux
Level 3
I know there must be a way to do this, because there are pre-defined backup selections for "My Documents" and "Favorites" that only backup the current user's profile.

shweta_rege
Level 6
Hello,

Do you want to specify a wildcard for the logged in user and backup the Favorites and Outlook directory .

It is not possible to specify a wildcard for the logged in user but you can try the following to include just the Favorites and Outlook directory :

1. Go to 'Configure Desktop and Laptop option'

2. Right click 'Profiles'. Click 'Properties'.

3. Under the 'BackupSelection'. Click 'Add'.

4. Under 'Type a Folder name': specify the folder to backup example: currentusername\Favorites

Thank You,

Shweta

gilbert_leroux
Level 3
"1. Go to 'Configure Desktop and Laptop option'

2. Right click 'Profiles'. Click 'Properties'.

3. Under the 'BackupSelection'. Click 'Add'.

4. Under 'Type a Folder name': specify the folder to backup example: currentusername\Favorites "

I did that to create my wildcard backup selection (C:\Documents and Settings\%Username%\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook) in the first place but it doesn't work, and I can't specify each individual account name in the company it would be way to many.

gilbert_leroux
Level 3
Thanks for the reply Shweta...but are you frink'n serious I'm gonna be retired by the time I get an answer to this.