cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows Remote Agent backup to share Dedup

Spana
Level 4

Dear Everyone,

I shared media server dedup folder to allow remote server backup to dedup folder.   My remote server installed Windows remote agent and SSO option.  In the backup job i configure using client side depdup and select share dedup folder.  But after the backup finish, i review the media set and found it create img file under the dedup media set but i can't file any file in dedup folder.

Is this correct for remote agent backup to share dedup folder?

Lum

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

teiva-boy
Level 6

In the media set, yes you'll see media.  This is what you'll use to do your restore from.  However within the deduplication folder and databaes, it's all internal hidden from your view.  You need not concern yourself with  what's in the dedupe folder itself for 99% of cases.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

teiva-boy
Level 6

There is no img or bkf file in the dedupe folder.  It's a proprietary file created within there, that is useless to you or anything else.

Spana
Level 4

So I saw IMG in the dedup media set is correct?

teiva-boy
Level 6

In the media set, yes you'll see media.  This is what you'll use to do your restore from.  However within the deduplication folder and databaes, it's all internal hidden from your view.  You need not concern yourself with  what's in the dedupe folder itself for 99% of cases.