cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows Server 2008 AOFO

CoolPix
Level 3
I have a test lab where I have installed 2 Windows Server 2003 servers and one Windows Server 2008 RC0 server. The Backup Exec 11d evaluation version is installed to one of 2003 servers.

I have tried to install the AOFO option to Server 2008 with push install but the AOFO option is dimmed. Also when I try to install locally with setupaofo.cmd nothing happens. The cmd screen opens for about 30 seconds and then closes. The remote agent installs without errors. For Server 2003 the AOFO push installation works fine.

It seems that it is not possible to install advanced open file option to the Server 2008. Is that true?
3 REPLIES 3

Ben_L_
Level 6
Employee
Currently Windows 2008 is not supported by Backup Exec 11d.  Please see this technote for a list of compatible Operating Systems. http://support.veritas.com/docs/286600

CoolPix
Level 3
Thank you. Will Server 2008 be supported by 11d some day?

I noticed that in Server 2008 there is a backup utility that can be used to back up data over the network to a shared directory. Maybe this will be an useful function until there will be better OS support in Backup Exec.

Message Edited by CoolPix on 10-02-2007 02:15 AM

Michael_Gossett
Level 4
Partner Certified
Server 2003 is in RC0, it will be released by the end of next year. Please do NOT pull a Vista on us and not have BE11d working with Server 2008 on release, this will be very bad.