cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows Server 2008 Bluescreen

imranali
Level 2

Good Day,

I have Microsystem SUN X4200M Server and have installed Windows server 2008 R2 Ent. and AMD base Processor, 

1: I have installed Symantec Backup Exec 15 on Win Server 2008 and have full backup to Storage.

2: I have another Sun X4150 Server intel based. and i wanted to restore image what i got from X4200m Server.

3: I have restored successfully but Blue screen comming while booting .

Could anyone please help me where is the mistake or what need to do more changing for success result ?

Regards,

I.A 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

I believe the OS & Processor Architecture should match for a restore (even for SDR).

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

VJware
Level 6

I believe the OS & Processor Architecture should match for a restore (even for SDR).

imranali
Level 2

Thanks VJ for reply,

So i should have same Processor for this procedure ?

BR

I.A

Colin_Weaver

Whilst we can handle some types of dissimilar hardware with the SDR (or manual DR) the differences in the HAL/kernal setup of the OS for AMD vs Intel CPUs (especially as the motherboard chipsets are also completely different) is too great for us to handle.

You have to restore to the same processor family to reduce the chance of experiencing BSOD issues (there are some other hardware differences that might cause it but most of the other differences can probably be handled by adjusting things in safe mode, if you have a problem)