cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows task scheduler not running

Nhan_Truong
Level 3
I have installed the DLO agent on a desktop PC running WinXP Pro SP1.
Whenever I start the DLO agent a dialogue box appears saying "The Windows task scheduler is not running"

I have checked and it is running. I have tried restarting the Scheduler service.
10 REPLIES 10

Shraddha_Dhaval
Level 6
Hi Nhan,

Could you please elaborate more on this issue?

Thanks.

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ?assumed answered? and would be moved to ?answered questions? pool.

Nhan_Truong
Level 3
When I open the DLO agent a dialogue box appears with the header 'DLO Desktop Agent'. The message is "The Windows task scheduler is not running. Start the Task Scheduler and click Retry to continue or Cancel to continue without scheduling any jobs."

padmaja_rajopad
Level 6
Hi,

Do you get the same error by logging in with different accounts?

Is it a problem with a specific DLO Client or all DLO Clients in the environment?

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Nhan_Truong
Level 3
Only a couple of DLO clients are displaying this error. Others are ok.

Because of the nature of the DLO agent i can't log on with another account otherwise it will start another backup. All log on accounts have administrator privilages on the computer.

Sharvari_Deshmu
Level 6
Hello,

This issue seems to be resolved in the latest version of BE.

Please let us know whether you are on the latest version of BE.

If not then please upgrade and revert.

http://support.veritas.com/docs/279332

Thanks,

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Nhan_Truong
Level 3
I am currently running 10d. I have installed the DLO from version 10d. I have also tried installing HOTFIX 30 and updating the DLO

tejashree_Bhate
Level 6
Hello,

You may try uninstall and reinstall of the DLO agent. This should fix the issue.

Also what are the errors in the system and application event logs

Thanks

Note:- if we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be assumed answered and archived

Nhan_Truong
Level 3
Uninstalled DLO, rebooted, reinstalled DLO. Problem not solved.
Ran \\servername\dlo\update\setup.exe still having same problem.

Shilpa_pawar_2
Level 6
Hi,

Are there any errors in event log?

Is the profile schedule for this user is set to �Whenever initiated by the user�?

Does this user have domain admin rights?

Try repairing DLO database http://support.veritas.com/docs/279208

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.

Shiju
Not applicable
Getting same message for BE 12 DLO Agent also even having XPSP2, Tried reinstalling the agent, creating new profile for the user, still the same message.