cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wizard Interrupted v10 Build 5520 Service Pack 1 Fails

Sean_Franzen
Level 2
I built a new Windows 2003 Standard server, Applied 2003 SP1 and all latest patches. Installed version 10 rev 5520 of BackupExec for Windows. I selected the trial mode and to use an existing SQL server on my network. After the install was completed, reboot and run through first time configuration. I launched BackupExec console and everything seems fine. Then, I install 5520 Service Pack 1. It goes all the way to the end and then rolls back. The installation log has this error:

09-11-2005,22:05:16 : ERROR: Device activation error. The physical file name 'D:\Program Files\VERITAS\Backup Exec\NT\Data\BEDB_Log.ldf' may be incorrect.

I looked in this location and the file is present. I have recopied this file with same results.

After searching through the forums and knowledgebase I tried performing the repair. This completed succesfully, but SP1 still exhibited the same failure. I'm starting to think this has something to do with specifying an external SQL source instead of the default MSDE. I know communication is successful between the Backup server and SQL because the BEDB database is created.

Any other recommendations?
4 REPLIES 4

Shyam_Sundar
Level 6
Hello,

This following document will be of help in resolving such issues. This applies also to service pack installation issues.

http://support.veritas.com/docs/276034

Please write to us with an update on the status.

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Thanks.

Sean_Franzen
Level 2
This does NOT solve the problem. I have already performed the procedure you mentioned and the files were already there. I did replace they anyways, but the install fails with the same error.

Shyam_Sundar
Level 6
Hello,

Please perform a repair installation of Backup Exec and then try installing the service pack.

http://support.veritas.com/docs/253199

Please reply with a status update.

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Anonim_W
Level 3
Make sure that the service you use to execute and run the SQL Server service has "Full Control" on the ACL for the Veritas Data directory that holds the BEDB_data.mdf and BEDB_log.ldf files. Otherwise, SQL server will mount the BEDB database as read-only, and you will get the exact error that you describe.