cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Work group And Domain Network

aroraditya
Level 3

Dear Group Members,

I am facing issue in taking back up of of work group system.

I am using symantac 12.5 windows version(Windows) we are in domain network, except 3 laptop all are the member of domain network and i am having no issue with them.

The issue is with those 3 laptop as they are having windows 7 home edition i am not able to add them in domain network and not able to take backup. Please advise

Regards

Aditya

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified
If all of the problem machines are Home Edition, then I don't think the workgroup is the issue here. It is more likely to be a Home Edition limitation. Do you have any system running the Professional Edition but still in a workgroup experiencing the same problems?

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Sush---
Level 6

Hello Aditya,

Even when the remote machine is not in Domain you can still back it up. Create a new Logon Account in Backup Exec (Network>>Logon Account). This new account should have Administrative credentials on those 3 laptops. Use this account to connect to those 3 laptops while selecting the resources in the Selection list.

Let us know if this helps.

Thanks,

-Sush...

Solution4all
Level 4

Hi,

Backup Exec 12.5 does not support windows 7. You need to upgrade it to Backup exec 2010.

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH70425

aroraditya
Level 3

Now i am updaing the Back up exec to 2010 . will update once done with update and let you know it work or not.

Colin_Weaver
If all of the problem machines are Home Edition, then I don't think the workgroup is the issue here. It is more likely to be a Home Edition limitation. Do you have any system running the Professional Edition but still in a workgroup experiencing the same problems?

pkh
   VIP    Certified

You are probably correct.  BE 2010 does not support Win 7 Home Edition.  It only support Win 7 Professional and Premium editions.

BE 2010|2010 R2|2010 R3 Software (SCL)

BE 2012 also does not support Win 7 Home Edition.

pkh
   VIP    Certified

@Aditya - You might want to use DLO to back the user's file and document.  BE 12.5 and BE 2010 comes with 5 DLO licences.