cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong Resource Order

Mike401
Level 3
HI,

I am using BackupExec 9.0 rev. 4367 on a Windows 2000 server. I back up 2 servers one data and one Exchange. The problem I am having is that when the job runs it tries to back up the resources in the wrong order. It should backup server 1 local drives, utility partition and system state. Then server2 should backup Exchange info., utility partition and lastly the system state. The order that is logged is that it tries to backup server 2's utility partition and system state first then it follows the correct order. All the data for the correct order is backed up. What happens is that the job hangs and ejects the media. In the morning I have to cancel the job. It only happens on certain tapes others work fine. I even have erased all the tapes and renamed all the media and every backup overwrites the tape.

any help and thoughts are greatly appreciated.
5 REPLIES 5

Mike401
Level 3
Some addtional info.

I am backing up about 120gb on a 200gb compressed tape. I know it should work because in the past I have backed up over 180gb on these same tapes

Mike401
Level 3
I have removed several items for the backup list and the problem still exists

Ashutosh_Tamhan
Level 6
Hi there

Do you get any alerts in BEWS. Check the alert history if you see any alerts which have appeared during the backup.
What kind of backup device do u use? a tape library or a standalone tape drive?

What is it that you what the order of backup..Well you can change the order inwhich the resources are backed up ..But there are restrictions on the ordering of the system state which cannot be moved up or down. But if there are multiple servers then the resource order can be changed.

Hope it helps..
Regards
Ashutosh
Ashutosh

Madhuri_Shenoy
Level 6
Hi,

In reference to our previous reply to your post, we would request you to update us on the progress.

However, if we do not receive your intimation within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered"and would be moved to "answered questions"pool.

Thanks!

Madhuri_Shenoy
Level 6
As per our previous reply, marking the case as "assumed answered" and moving it to "answered questions" pool.