cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

a00084af error for no particular directory

Pete_Moss
Level 2
Brand new install of 9.1. Everyjob fails with "a00084af - The directory or file was not found or could not be accessed" Problem is, the backup job runs fine and when I look at the selctions in the restore section, my data volume has a red circle with a white line on it indicating there was a problem with a file. But I can drill down into all folders and files and find absolutely no problems. Job works fine and all files backup but it keeps failing with this error for no reason. Any help would be appreciated.
7 REPLIES 7

Sharvari_Deshmu
Level 6
Hello,

Please see the technote below to resolve the issue
http://support.veritas.com/docs/261831

Thanks,

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Pete_Moss
Level 2
Advance Open File is installed but this job is not using it. "Use Advanced Open File Options" is NOT checked so all choices are greyed out. I already saw this article but thought it did not apply to my issue since I am NOT using AOFO. Any other ideas.

priya_khire
Level 6
Hello,

The error "a00084af" can occur if a particular file or directory is moved/deleted but its entry remains in the backup selection list. You can create a new backup job and perform the backup.

To isolate the cause of problem, exclude the directory from backup job and perform the backup.

Hope this helps. If it doesn't, revert with detiails.

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Regards.

Pete_Moss
Level 2
I will try to setup a new backup job. The job in question is the very 1st job setup on a brand new server. As for excluding the directory. What directory? That has been my problem all along. No where does the log show what directory it is talking about. Like I said in my original post, no directory is ever listed. The job just fails and never states what directory failed.

Shyam_Sundar
Level 6
Hello,

To avoid confusion, you can try creating a new selection list, so that the problem with directories which are not present on the harddrive but are listed in the current selection list will not occur.

Please write to us about the status of the issue.

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Thanks.

Derek_Hynd
Level 3
Hi
you can go to the selection list and change it to text and remove the directory's our file from there..

derek

tejashree_Bhate
Level 6
Hi,

With reference to our previous reply to your post, we would request you to update us on the progress.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.