cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

backup exec 2010 R3 pops up logon account selection on selection SQL 2008 R2

CCNSW
Level 3

Hi all

We have backup exec 2010 R3 installed on Win 2k8 R2.

In creationg job when selecton SQL 2008 R2, backup exec pops on logon account selection and no account works even which works in SQL management studio well.

Other SQL versions can be selected and works

Regards

6 REPLIES 6

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Does this account have the sysadmin role ?

Backup_Exec1
Level 6

Hi

Have you tried using SA account to expand the sql server instance means while expanding the SQL server you would be using you default domain account & when trying to expand the sql 2008 r2 you can click on new & then make new account called SA & then try to expand it & see if that works

Thanks

CCNSW
Level 3

Thank you guys

The account SA is working but my domain user account has all privileges and works in management studio well but is not work here

VJware
Level 6

What is the error you receive ?

Are you able to select other resources on the same server ?

Backup_Exec1
Level 6

Hi

Thanks for the update & in that case open SQL studio management & then click on security & then click on users & see if that user account which you are using in backupexec is there or not if it is not there please add the account & then click on properties & click on server role & let me know what rights or server role you have for that account

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH68253

Thanks

CCNSW
Level 3

hi again

I found that if add BUILTIN/administrators to sql login group and add the domain admin group to that local administrators, it works

Regards