cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

backup exec 9.1 on a server win2000 backup files .nsf

Level 2
Partner
Hi all,i'm a reseller, i have Be 9.1 on a win2000 file server and lotus domino server, I didnt buy the lotus agent options because the customer is small and so i decide to backup lotus file by stopping the domin server with a preprocess command (net stop...).
I note that Backup exec didnt backup nsf and ntf files ? Why ? does its possible to fix this problem without forcing me to buy the agent options.. (the customer use domino only for application purpose and its a very small company without budget )
Thank a Lot
Alessandro Brizzolesi
Mas Project Srl
5 REPLIES 5

Mark_Barnes
Level 2
A quick solution would be to utilise the NTBACKUP command after you have stopped the Domino service. So

1) Stop the domino service
2) Run an NTBACKUP command that backs up the folder and contents you need into a nice single NT Backup file
3) Have Veritas back up that NT Backup file instead of the Domino folder
4) Restart the Domino service

Just out of interest did Veritas give you a log error when it didn't back up the files?

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
Have you tried explicitly selecting the NSF and NTF files, rather than just the directory(s) that contain them?

John_Chisari
Level 6
Partner Accredited
Change this registry key to 1 and restart the BE services. You should then be able to backup the Domino files.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\VERITAS\Backup Exec\Engine\Domino\Enable Offline Backup

priya_khire
Level 6
Hello,

Has the issue with the Lotus files being skipped resolved? Have you tried out the suggestions in the previous post/posts? Do update us in case the problem persists. Additionally you can refer to the following technote which suggests the same registry changes given to you earlier in one of the posts.

Ttile:How to turn off the active exclusion feature for Lotus Domino R5/R6 backups
http://support.veritas.com/docs/252932

Hope this helps. In case we do not receive your update within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Regards.

Sheetal_Risbood
Level 6
As per our previous reply, marking the case as assumed answered and moving it to answered questions pool.