cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

backup exec: Cannot see unix resource under "view by resource"

tzang
Level 3

We have a backup job that connects to RALUS on a red hat box. The backup runs every week and completes.. so it works. But when  I edit selection lists, the resource does not show under Linux / Unix Servers. It does show up under view selection details.

What would cause the server not to show under the selection list? Obviously the agent is working if its backing up and I can see it under view selection details.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

The above mentioned HF is only for R3...Instead of editing, what happens when you to try creating a new selection list...

Also, are the RALUS agents at the same level as that of the media server...as a test, try re-installing the agent on one server...

and lastly, is the FQDN added to the linux config file ? try this KB - http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH177813

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

VJware
Level 6

What is the version of BE ? If 2010 R3, is the server & agents patched with hotfix 161270 ?

tzang
Level 3

2010 R2 32-bit. I will search for some hotfixes.

VJware
Level 6

The above mentioned HF is only for R3...Instead of editing, what happens when you to try creating a new selection list...

Also, are the RALUS agents at the same level as that of the media server...as a test, try re-installing the agent on one server...

and lastly, is the FQDN added to the linux config file ? try this KB - http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH177813

VJware
Level 6

Have PMed you as to what to look for in the config file...

tzang
Level 3

The new selection list does the same thing.. refuses to show the selection. The KB did not show up for me.. link not found. Here is the config file.. uses IP.

tzang
Level 3

Well if i add it in user defined selection, and hit the [+], it will show the check boxes. Weird glitch. I guess I can just use that way. Not a big deal. 

thanks for the help though.