cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

backup not Recognized

oldmanjohn
Not applicable
. I am not even sure if this is the place to post this, but will try it here. I am using Veritas backup exec desktop pro edition. Windows XP. 1.04 gig amd. 778 meg mem. Seagate stt 8000a tape drive. Here is what is happening, I will make a backup of files, then down the road windows crashes, as it does every so often. I go to restore the data and it has an.. unknown icon instead of the right one. Do I need to copy something so when windows crashes and I go to restore it will recognize the files on the tape? I check each file after the backup and they are fine then. Is there something that happens when I reload windows? I have 30 gig of stuff on tape, and it takes a bit to save, and is quite frustrating to see it is not there. I have also save the info to cd, and that is the only thing that has saved my mind so far. I just would like to make this work as I am adding about 4 to 8 gig a month. Just one word on the tapes, all of the tape is unknown icon, each file, like 12 tapes so far, and when i made the tapes all was ok. Thanks, John
1 REPLY 1

Renuka_-
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

Probabely, after the crash the catalog information is lost so you need to inventory and catalog the tapes before being able to restore these backups.

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/277429.htm

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answeredand would be moved toanswered questions pool.