cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

backup stopped working

Joe_McHale
Level 3
I am getting the following error when I attempt a backup on the local machine:

Final error: 0xe000fe29 - Authentication failed on connection to the server. Make sure that the user account has the appropriate permissions and that the password was typed correctly.
Final error category: Security Errors
Access is denied to Remote Agent. Check the login account for the specified device.

I have recreated the system login account. Restarted Services, restarted server. Changed accounts to no avail.

Any help is greatly appreciated
5 REPLIES 5

Amruta_Bhide
Level 6
Hello,

Please try the following:
On attempt to back up a remote Windows 2000 or Windows XP machine, an error is received: "Authentication failed on connection to the server."
http://support.veritas.com/docs/276184

Final error: 0xe000fe29 - Authentication failed on connection to the server. Make sure that the user account has the appropriate permissions and that the password was typed correctly. Access is denied to Remote Agent. Check the login account for the specified device.
http://support.veritas.com/docs/284886

In case the issue persists, please get back to us with more information about your environment.

Thanks
Regards

Joe_McHale
Level 3
Thaks for the help but I have already read those articles. You asked for information on my environment. It is a windows 2003 domain. Windows exchange 2003, SQL 2000. The local machine only hosts SQL. All the servers have the latest service packs and security updates

tejashree_Bhate
Level 6
Hello,

Please make sure that you are changing the services credentials for the Backup Exec services with the correct password. All, except for the Backup Exec remote agent should run using a domain admin account.
2. Please also ensure that you are changing the credentials on your default logon account. The default logon account is generally called 'System Logon accout' or is the one that is shown as default under the logon accounts box (Network -> Logon Accounts). Please ensure that the password for the logon account is also changed. In case you are not able to edit your logon account then please create one and make that the default one.

Thanks

Joe_McHale
Level 3
Thanks for the help. For some reason during the install the default logon account was not added to the local administrators group. when I did that it started working again. Even though this account was a member of the domain admins account, for some reason it had to be added to the local admin account on each machine.

tejashree_Bhate
Level 6
Hello,

Thankyou for the update . As your issue is resolved we shall close this incident.

Thanks